- Informations: Consultant - President - Researcher
- My advice / My idea: Building the right team for the project is one of the keys to success. Knowing how to lead it is probably the next! It can be done empirically, as you go along. But it's not a bad idea to take some time to dig into it! This implies two things: 1) projecting the desired evolutions and the necessary skills (see "Network"); 2) imagining the most adapted option to your vision of team management (salaried employees, volunteers, subcontractors, independent workers, ...). Take the time to think about what you want, and what you are willing to do! A great idea can quickly run into difficulties if the different stakeholders are not motivated by a common and shared approach! This is your job as a manager.
- My expertise about the subject: With Combustible, but also as a trainer, I have worked with all types of companies, small, large, public, private, underground ... from a wide range of sectors (performing arts, visual arts, libraries, museums, ...) In coaching, training, consulting, auditing ... On studies of organization, team building, salary policy ... And I still work with a lot of companies mainly in the music business (festivals, venues, producers, .)
- My potential limits as a mentor: Depending on the country, the rules governing work can be very different. They are, in France, quite rigid, and framed by legislative texts which it is advisable to know (including to be creative!). From one country to another, these rules and practices change... The question of management - how to make this team live - will remain as important.
- What expertise I’d like to find among the network, to complete mine?: Find yourself another mentor on this last and specific subject!
- My dedicated supporting documents:
- Why it's relevant? How to use it?:
Knowing how to describe jobs precisely is a very good basis for thinking about an organization. The two attached documents propose precise definitions of the jobs and functions of the entertainment industry, from a French point of view ("CNPSV" file).
And the question of wages, of course ("syndeac" file")!
To be explored, then.
This will not solve the question of the management of these teams!
Consult the website of the "commission paritaire du spectacle". https://www.cpnefsv.org/accueil Guide des métiers
And work on your French, by the way!